sadmanagain

Member Since Dec 2022
123 hugs
given
Default Apr 29, 2023 at 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorPlate108 View Post
Hugs to you.

I feel very lost as well. Most days I don't feel like I have a future, and that scares the heck out of me. Once DD has grown enough to be independent, I fear I will become obsolete, as she is my main focus at this point.

The person, my mate, who was here, who was supposed to continue to be here, who I was going to keep having adventures with throughout life, disappeared somewhere along the way. Physically, he's still here, but my friend isn't here in a meaningful way anymore, I don't feel like there's much to look forward to. Even if he changed back, there's a lot of water under the bridge that makes things different now. That would be better, but still... you know.

I try not to think about it too much.

Life has a weird way of taking you where you need to go. One day at a time.

OTOH we're free in some very big ways too. We can redefine ourselves. Grow into ourselves. Again, one day at a time.

Emotional pain sucks.

FWIW, I think your bowling score is pretty good. It will be fun to see how you do as you do more of it. Most of my games don't make it out of the double digits. Been a long time since I've bowled though. Still love it.

Thinking of you sadmanagain. Hope you've had a decent weekend.
Heya and Hugs back to you, I really appreciate the support. It helps me get through my day when I'm really low.

Thank you for sharing your perspective
and the feelings you are dealing with. I am so sorry for what is happening to you . You sound like such a kind,caring person, I can't imagine how anyone could do that to you . It's good you have DD to focus on for the here and now.
My son is 22 and hopefully he visits often as he is my only family within 250 miles and without him I'm truly alone. I am terrified I will lose him to this as well.

I too question if I have a future often or at least struggle with what's the point of anything now ? At the moment I'm just going through the motions out of habit but I feel so very alone so often. It sucks

You are right, we are free to redefine ourselves and grow into ourselves.

That concept terrifies me how do I start to do that. The only future I had planned/dreamed of had the woman I shared 3 decades with in it The one who promised to stay by my side for the rest of her life . It was love at first sight and now she is dissolving us. This emotional pain sucks for sure.

As for my weekend, I've working all weekend (probably a good thing to stay busy) as we are changing schedules here on the mountain , closing up winter operations and switching spring summer operations.. After Monday I get a week off . I really like my job and my coworkers are awesome .

I'll definitely keep you updated on my bowling. Sounds like you should go again if you haven't in a while as you like it and it's good for both of us to do things for us that we enjoy. Perhaps we can compare scores .

Hope your weekend is going well also .
sadmanagain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ArmorPlate108, Open Eyes

Thanks for this!
ArmorPlate108