View Single Post
LiteraryLark
Crowned "The Good Witch"

Member Since Jun 2009
1,318 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Heart May 04, 2023 at 01:33 AM

Feel free to share about who you're missing right now who has passed on, human, cat, dog, whoever. ...

I think about my great grandma a lot. She passed away in 2012 I think. She was a Rosie, meaning she was one of the brave women who helped during WWII. She built airplane parts. I know because I was pretty close to her and for one of my homework assignments I asked to interview her about her life. I wish I had more memories of her, but I remember she was very sweet but had a fiesty wit to her. One of my more vivid memories is the time I spent with her, and she slipped me a $20 bill. I refused and said, "oh no, I couldn't!" but she insisted I take it. My grandma told me I should take it, and explained that she gave it to me because it meant a lot to her that I spent so much time with her and that was really special for her to do. I wish we can talk right now and that I could give her a hug and tell her I miss her. If I think real hard I can feel the way her hand felt in mine and hear her feet shuffling on the hardwood floor

I recently lost my Aunt. She was a huge Elvis fan, and right before she passed we were all fan-girling over Elvis because I had just seen the new Elvis movie, and my grandma would forward the things I say about Elvis to her and the pictures I took of my Elvis poster. So even though I didn't get to really talk to her face to face or really directly, I am happy I got to share my love for Elvis with her, and I wonder if she got to see the pictures of Elvis I mailed to her before she passed. And I wonder if she is up there singing and dancing with Elvis in heaven together right now. I really miss her and her smile.
LiteraryLark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote