View Single Post
jesyka
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
270 hugs
given
Default May 04, 2023 at 12:54 PM

I’m 50 years old & have been going to various psychiatrists, psychologists & even a hypnotherapist for 30 years.

Inhave tried so many different medications & have tried CBT, etc. Nothing works. I’m angry that I wasted thousands of dollars on useless treatments & mostly useless medications.

Some medication only helped a little bit. What’s worse is that a lot of these professionals didn’t seem to take me seriously. They’d mostly sit there & not say much. Or worse, they’d talk about themselves or other paitients. No names were mentioned, but thst was inappropriate & unethical.

One doctor constantly took non emergency phone calls during sessions. I said nothing as I thought that I needed him for medication at that time. He was a psychiatrist.

I no longer trust any of them. They ALL use the SAME cookie cutter one size fits all approach to treatment. They get frustrated whenever you aren’t making progress fast enough & try to make you feel bad by comparing you to other people at times, ugh, so rude & unprofessional!

A lot of the times, they use the same cliches that are annoying to hear like, how invalidating! It sounds insincere & rehearsed like they say that to everyone.

A few times I think I overwhelmed a few student thetapists as the zoom meetings got cut off with ME only & they never had this issue with anyone else.

It was so frustrating that they couldn’t be honest with me. I hate passive aggressive behavior! It’s rude & unprofessional too!

Has therapy not worked for anyone else too? It’s a joke! At least most of the so called professionals I went to were a joke.

Never again! I’m officially done with this b.s!
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, here today, LonesomeTonight, pliepla, RTerroni, ScarletPimpernel

Thanks for this!
mote.of.soul, stopdog