Tart Cherry Jam
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2021
1,171 hugs
given
Default May 04, 2023 at 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raspberrytorte View Post
I was having a good day until I read this article about how they are thinking about making gabapentin a controlled substance 😡. I take 800mg of the stuff four times a day. And if I don't take it I have nightmares! I absolutely CANNOT go off my gabapentin and knowing my luck, if they do make it controlled, I'd get an IP doctor who would take me off it cold turkey.

Ugh!!! So mad!!!!

I already take 40mg of diazepam scheduled. I don't want to be on TWO controlled substances.

Anyway. Other than that I'm good . Got some Journaling and novel work in this morning. Slept in until 4:00AM. The seroquel increase seems to be helping my sleep for the most part. Still have been having nights where I wake up at around 1:30AM and can't fall back asleep. But I think it's just because I'm excited to write
I am envious about writing!

I also take 1200 mg of Gabapentin to ameliorate EPS effects of antipsychotics and I simply cannot be without Gabapentin. I know my pdoc will continue prescribing it even if it becomes a controlled substance, but I share in your indignation. Gabapentin has so many uses and should be available for people who need it without them having to jump through hoops.

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow, Nammu, raspberrytorte, Rosi700, Samicat, Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
raspberrytorte, Rosi700