View Single Post
mar dhea
Magnate

Member Since Sep 2022
1,035 hugs
given
Default May 05, 2023 at 02:51 PM

Ever since I was a youngster....I'd babble babble babble to myself. Providing my own soundtrack whenever I'm alone, doing menial chores or daydreaming. I've been in part diagnosed with ADD without the hyperactivity so maybe there's a partial link in that? It'll range from mere vocal commentary on whatever I'm doing at the moment, to real stream of consciousness stuff. Should really record myself sometime and have a listen. Would likely be hilarious and somewhat alarming at the same time.

I've done only a little reading up on the phenomena so far and it's apparently not at all rare. I do think my embrace of the habit is a little more than the norm though. Anyone with any thoughts on this or similar experience? Any other habitual self talkers here? My mind zips along so madly that I'm theorizing the self talk thing is some sort of subconscious effort to slow it all down. Must do more reading on this. It's not giving me problems but after so many years of living with it, it would be interesting to know why/how it exists etc.
mar dhea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
BipolarNomad, Buffy01, Discombobulated, Fuzzybear, Nammu, Pinny

Thanks for this!
BipolarNomad, Buffy01, Ford Puma, MaverickLovesYou, TheEbonyEwe