Writing my way through...

Member Since Feb 2020
5,775 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 05, 2023 at 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post
Thanks, Artie! Funny, I had slacked off a bit in my writing in exchange for walking. But I finally submitted my third memoir assignment last night. It's great you're doing all that writing. And a mile and a half is great! I wasn't going to walk today, then ended up doing a mile around 8 pm--advantage of Daylight Saving Time.
Way to go at getting another memoir assignment submitted, write on!

I've written/submitted 4 pieces to the private FB group for the writing your way home course just this past week. only one was a poem; the others were more like essays. The floodgates have opened, and I can't stop! The facilitator gives very thought-provoking prompts which helps. I was telling L about one of them today, the prompt was to write about our relationship with truth. That's something I've really been examining since I've been seeing her again; how I like to think of myself as this honest person but really I'm a big fat liar (this, mostly to myself). It was an eye-opening piece of writing for me. It's so much easier for me to think through my fingers on the keyboard than it is for me to talk about what's in my head.

It felt good to walk today. I'm going to get up early tomorrow and get out there again, before I sit down at my keyboard, and my goal is to hit 2 miles. My heel spur has been bothering me the last couple of days so I don't want to push it; I'm gonna wear my big ol' boot to bed tonight that usually helps.

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight