Lemoncake
Luna's offical mini me.

Member Since May 2017
10.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 06, 2023 at 07:36 AM

Quote:
What about if you define "pace" in terms of how quickly or deeply you reveal and process things and not how often you see him? I do think you have a pattern of push/pull and disappearing when your shame overwhelms you (believe me, I see it because I do it too!). Maybe one way to break the pattern is to commit to the weekly sessions AND to try to regulate your pace (or to ask Fin to help you do it). That might mean doing other things in session like playing a game or coloring or talking about something you care about that is not directly related to your trauma, something like that. You'll get a breather while not throwing in the towel altogether.

You were really positive about Fin and all your progress just a few weeks ago, and it would be unfortunate to lose all that because of a problem that you can likely resolve with him somehow, right?
Thank you for taking the time to reply EM. I'm sorry I'm only replying now.

I actually don't know how to fix things. He said he would get back to me but didn't actually reply back to my message for around a week. Then I sent a follow up saying I was okay with ending as he hadn't replied back yet. Nothing stopping me from booking a one off session on his website, but I haven't done that yet. It's been two weeks and I haven't seen him.

I had a intro session with Norman's T. She was nice but she wanted me to come weekly too for the first the first 6 sessions. I just need to know I can leave at any point, but it feels like being locked into a contract..

And say nothing."

Last edited by Lemoncake; May 06, 2023 at 08:58 AM..

Hugs from:
ArtieTheSequal, ElectricManatee, LonesomeTonight