View Single Post
AnaWhitney

Member Since Jun 2015
357 hugs
given
Default May 06, 2023 at 03:58 PM

What happens after you ‘get to the root’ of your issues in therapy ? My T says sometimes that I’m close to getting to the root of things and I’m not 100% sure what that even is.
There are a couple of painful things I could discuss that I’ve been avoiding, one of them I’ve tried to do the work on several times and then bottle it up again because of the guilt that comes up. I feel I’m close but can’t help wondering if that’s ‘the root’ and if it is what happens after that? Will I be expected to just talk about it then that’s it, I’m done ?

I have got quite attached to my T (which is unlike me) and because of her Ive been able to push myself and get through some of my discomfort in ways I could never do with other Ts. So although our relationship is good, I am in such pain already in between sessions but know I’ll never be able to admit it even to her.

So when clients finally talk about the ‘the root’ cause of some of their problems,, where do the sessions go next? Or is that it? I feel a push to do it and I want to trust that she will have a plan, but I’m afraid we’ll just be done because the process will be over once we’ve figured it out and I’ll be on my own again because the job is done and I won’t be able to say how much I have relied on her to get to that point.

So what tends to happen after the deep stuff comes out? Is that seen as the final stage of therapy? Like the puzzle is solved so I should now be able to go off and be a positive human.
I hate that I need her but I do. I feel such a push to do the work and I don’t want to fall into the trap of resisting just to drag this thing out either.

Can anyone that has any experience let me know if there’s usually more to the process or am I correct that its over once I bleed my heart out everywhere.
AnaWhitney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ArtieTheSequal, LonesomeTonight, RTerroni, ScarletPimpernel, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
mote.of.soul