Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,275 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 06, 2023 at 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesyka View Post
This lady I used to be friends with contacted me on social media after ignoring me for over 10 years. She moved away from the area with her then boyfriend & thrn moved back to the area . She’s single again.

Anyways, she asked me if we could maybe have dinner sometime. I only said maybe to be polite as the post was public. The second time I ignored her after she made a comment abour my cat

I then decided to message her & tell her why I didn’t want to talk to her anymore. I was upset because she flaked out on me. She said she’d watch my cats & then she ignored me. She watched them before. We always paid her well for that.

I had to come back early from a trip because I was worried about my cats. It was around the holidays so everything was already booked

She would also constantly get together with me late whenwe made plans once she got a boyfriend. This woman was 50 years old at the time I knew her.

I should’ve never associated with her as she didn’t like or trust other wimen. She claimed that they’re full of drama. Anyways, she seemed nice enough on the surface.

So she messaged me back & tried to gaslight me by saying I told her to eff off & that I called her a rude flake. I tried calling her, but she never answered the phone.

She told me some story about how she was in the process of buying a house which she never told me about until now. She still could’ve called or texted me ar some point instead of flat out ignoring me.

Or she could’ve said sorry, I can’t watch your cats. Then she told me that all I ever talked about was hair, makeup & that other boring stuff that didn’t interest her.

That’s weird as she seemed to like talking anout thise things with me . I told her if thst annoyed & boted her so my h, then she should’ve said something to me about it back then.

I would’ve stopped talking about those things if I knew it wasn’t interesting to her. Why would she not sowak uo? She’s not a shy person at all.

She also seemed to resent me for having a husband who takes care of me. She’s been divorced twice. Both her ex husbands were drug addicts who cheated on her.

She became a young single mother to two kids. They didn’t even help her out with alimony payments. One of them emptied their bank account & ran off with his drug dealer.

She then bragged abour how she now owns a bunch of rentals & is worth over $5 million dollars.

She acted like I’m this shallow stupid woman who is to dependent on my husband & she made it clear that she has no respect for women who aren’t independent like she is. She knew about my physical & mental disabilities, but is obviously judging me anyways.

If that isn’t bad enoufh, she accused me of cheating on my husband or wanting to cheat on my husband just because I talked to a few guys around her or mentioned some guys I talked to before. I never cheated on my husband.

I only had two platonic male friends back then. I have no male friends now . I’d talk to guys I knew at social events to be polite. I told her this, what was I supposed to do, ignore every guy who said hi to me since I’m married? lol 😆

Am I supposed to say go away, I’m married? lol. She talked to guys arlt events despite having a boyfriend at the time too. I never once accused her of trying to cheat on her boyfriend though.

She accused a former friend of trying to mess around with this guy she knew once too. I don’t understand why she’d bother contacting me after 10 years asking me to have dinner with her if she dislikes me thus mu h, lol.

It makes no sense to me. She tild me that my new friendships won’t last because of my bad temper or something. She’s mad that I called her out on her b.s. I hurt her very fragile ego obviously

And iit sounds like she’s very jealous of me too. I told her that. I told her that she must not be having much luck making any new friends as she had to resort to asking someone she doesn’t even like to have dinner with her, lol 😆

She said there’s no love lost there. I worded my message in a matter of fact way. I also told her that she needed a therapist & not a friend as most of our conversations revolved around her.

She’d always talk about work, her roommate, her ex husbands, her daughter, her granddaughter, her boyfriend, her interests, and her other friends mostly.

And I told her that too, that she needed a therapist instead of friends.

Can someone please explain her bizarre behavior to me? It’s like Dr. Jekyl & Mr. Hyde A switch flipped the second I dared to criticize her at all it seemed like

She never aplogized for any of her bad behavior. She never apologized for not keeping in touch either. So rude!

I’d appreciate any insight into this matter, thanks. .
It's useless trying to understand why people behave so poorly. I'm not going to armchair diagnose her with any mental illness, but she is clearly very self centered and doesn't understand how friendship works.

My suggestion? Stop worrying about why she has behaved so poorly and just block her and stop communicating at all. She's not a friend. She's a vampire - someone who wants to cause drama and feed off your reaction.

You don't need her drama.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote