View Single Post
NatalieJastrow
Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2020
259 hugs
given
Default May 07, 2023 at 07:33 AM

She called again last night and we talked for 3 hours. To me this is imho evidence that she probably did the things they are saying or she wouldn't be so worried. I told her there is nothing she can do about it now. But I did tell her she has to think about seriously moving to another job right now. Previously I told her to do that and she didn't and she got demoted and I let it go because she was just trying to keep up with the job and couldn't seriously be pursuing another job, but, now she has sort of a slow job and can take leave at any time.

To me this whole thing sounds like "mobbing" where every minor infraction is blown up to major incidents. And even if she survives this one I think she isn't going to make it until retirement (10 years away). She is being watched with a fine tooth comb. That always ends in disaster.

I do think this one will not result in firing -- basically many polices require written allegations and lots of paperwork and at the moment no paperwork has been provided. Also, it has been 4 years since her last incident so I think it is hard to make the case that firing is the only option when she has been an ok employee for 4 years.

I was little harder on her yesterday she seems to think she has a right to this job and she doesn't. I hope she heard me.

Though this whole thing tends to make me a little bitter and paranoid for me. This whole incident happened because some co worker didn't like her interaction with her and went to management. Though they had only been working together for 2 weeks. That is terrifying. When I go into the office so many people just walk into my office and start talking -- and even if I don't agree with them about what they are talking about, to be polite, I talk with them and usually agree -- even if I don't agree. I have written on my self evaluation how problematic that is and wrote not having it was a perk of telework. Also it came out there was an allegation about telework -basically that she wasn't working when she was doing telework. Though we have a system where the work is entered in and time stamped so my friend was like, run my reports. But I found out the person making the allegation was required to work in the office 5 days a week -- no telework. So obviously she is jealous about that.

Is that what we are going to be having now? People who can't telework jealous of those who do?

Now I am angry but I can't do anything about it.
NatalieJastrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote