Poohbah

Member Since Dec 2021
1,892 hugs
given
Default May 07, 2023 at 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloatThruThis View Post
April update.
1) I’ve been keeping a work journal & I’ve filled 12.5 pages so far. I read a book about art journaling. I’m going to try some stenciling with homemade stencils in my sketchbooks. I’m excited about that.

2) The tax stuff is all done. The returns & stimuli have all been successfully direct deposited into a bank account. This goal is officially complete!

3) I finished reading the first library book I checked out about death planning. I’ve got a list of documents to assemble. I’d also like to rollover a retirement account from a previous job into my current retirement account.

I’m an organ donor, & reading this particular book made me realize that in order to get most of my organs donated, I will have to die in the hospital. It’s kind of obvious now that I think about it, but that hadn’t occurred to me before.

I’m not into tattoos because I’m a commitment phobe, but this book also gave me an idea for a tattoo I’d like: DNR. It’s an acronym for Do Not Resuscitate. Also, my signature underneath. They have DNR jewelry, but I don’t wear jewelry.

That’s all, folks.
May update:
1) I made it to 16.25 pages in the work journal before pooping out. 24.75 pages are left in that notebook. I’m not sure if I’ll continue writing it. I haven’t reread what I wrote to determine the value of it.

I’m feeling inspired by a rug based on the artwork of artist Alexandra Grant for making stencils in my sketchbook. There are 47 pages left in that sketchbook. Cutting stencils is time intensive on the front end, so it’s slow going.

I used a couple sheets of notebook paper for my other goal, writing down account information for my death binder. That will probably use up a couple more sheets as well once it’s complete.

I dug out a composition book I had just started to document my knitting projects years ago that has barely been used. It has maybe 98 pages left. I like to rewrite commercial patterns to make them easier for me to follow.

2) The death binder is coming along at a glacial pace. As long as I’m moving forward it’s all good, but if I would just buckle down, I’d knock it out! I’m not feeling motivated though. That’s why this thread is a helpful reminder…
FloatThruThis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote