View Single Post
nonightowl
Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,892 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Angry May 07, 2023 at 01:27 PM

Thanks for alerting us Willow. I never clicked on the link on purpose and the 1 or 2 times I did it, it was an accident. I closed the window right away.

IMHO It’s a losing battle keeping our data or activity safe. And the more one is on online, the more of a digital footprint. And that means more possibilities of data being breached or actively tracked. Everyone claims to “value your privacy” yet everyone has a different privacy policy. It is written in legalese pages long that nobody reads. And since so many companies collect data on people and it’s shared with others, it’s hard to keep up with who has what on you. You can opt out of what is shared but there’s always “exceptions” allowed by law.

I got a letter in March from Independent Living Systems, saying there was a breach and my data might have been compromised. I never even heard of them and they aren’t even in my state but with technology, this doesn’t matter now. It’s some kind of third party that partners with hospitals, healthcare providers, assisted living facilities, to name a few. Of course nobody can say how they got my information or why they have it or need it. And this occurred in July of 2022!! Yet the letter didn’t go out until this March. There’s a class action suit against them now.

I know this isn’t about Betterhelp per se but it is about our data or activity online. I do as little as possible online. But more and more we are forced to go online to do stuff. And I think it’s about money. Advertising money or avoiding having to pay humans to make appointments, answer your questions, etc. And you have to log in, which is another username and password to keep safe.

I had to get that out. I’m old enough to remember when your phone number either was listed or unlisted in a printed directory. Now people can find information on you, phone number or whatever online. There was no Do Not Call list since there weren’t a lot of telemarketer calls. Now there’s billions going out daily.

Long rant but I feel better. Our activity is another commodity and it really disturbs me.

———
Posted directly on site using iPhone

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."

Hugs from:
Anonymous32448

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated