View Single Post
Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 07, 2023 at 02:45 PM

@sadmanagain I copied this from an article I read. I only have my old cell to use so I am not the greatest at copy and paste with it.

————————————————————————————————-——————————————-
Also, after talking with Heather more about her symptoms, I found out that she suffers from PTSD and takes several mental health medications to manage the PTSD and alcohol withdrawal symptoms. PTSD causes serious emotional pain, and many opt to use alcohol to numb the pain, only to cause worsening physical and mental health issues. One study shows that people with PTSD are 54.5% more likely to develop an alcohol use disorder.
Heather’s story could be similar to many others out there. What’s important to note, however, is that combining mental health medications with alcohol not only decreases their effect but increases the damage to certain organs. This means that Heather’s PTSD symptoms are likely not getting the benefit from her medications, but also combining her medications with alcohol may be making her physically sicker.
Even without combining alcohol with medications, the damage that alcohol does to our body is well-known yet not talked about enough. Heather tells me she’s worried about the health of her liver, considering her symptoms. She says she’s had a few test results that show high liver enzymes — a hallmark of liver inflammation and the first sign of liver damage. Indeed, some of her symptoms are on par with the beginning signs of alcoholic liver issues.
Open Eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
sadmanagain