Thread: Betterhelp
View Single Post
Anonymous32448

Default May 07, 2023 at 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonightowl View Post
Oh Willow dear I’m sorry about your kitty.

The Do Not Call list has exceptions, like charities, political surveys and companies you already do business with. Caveat is scammers will pose as a survey to get your information. And they are now using “real” phone numbers for Caller ID and don’t spoof as much as before! During the last election I got bombarded with calls. They should know better than to call people these days.

I get a lot of scam texts, not many emails. I hate cell phones personally and everyone always wants my email. And they assume my landline is a cell number and try to send a text! Stupid utility did that. “Would you like us to text a link?” NO. I didn’t have a cell phone till 2005 and no smartphone until 2 years ago. It’s just harder and harder not to have online access.

Yeah the cell phone companies think we all have WiFi or a strong signal. I do not. Stupid updates almost weekly which I need WiFi to install!

I keep my landline too and it’s the number I have people call me on. Clear signal and no need to worry about a weak signal or battery. I have a weak signal at home so that’s why I prefer my landline. I don’t get as many unwanted or unknown callers on my landline as my cell! I can screen or block calls on my landline but only up to 10 numbers at a time and only from my service area,

It’s not just telemarketers that violate the Do Not Call list. Of course scammers don’t care about the law and have thousands of numbers at their fingertips. And I remember when the list didn’t exist, yet there were fewer calls.

I’m off topic a bit but still on the subject of our data and activity. You start good threads.

———
Posted directly on site using iPhone
tbh I'm not over it and I'll never be over it - ever

yeah scammers and spams and crinimals don't care about the law, they'll break whatever law they feel like breaking and cause they can flee to other countries they don't care cause they can position themself in countries that don't follow UK or USA law and break our laws while in the country they have positioned themself in and know that they won't get a knock on the door to drag them to jail

i don't want to go to a jail though

Hugs from:
nonightowl

Thanks for this!
nonightowl