View Single Post
pliepla

Member Since Oct 2019
70 hugs
given
Default May 08, 2023 at 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill3 View Post
You might want to look into Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT, pronounced like the word "act"). ACT focuses on directed action towards goals, rather than focusing on managing thoughts and feelings.

Here are some resources related to ACT:

A brief intro to ACT video:

Brief article on ACT: Acceptance and Commitment Therapy | Psychology Today

A more detailed, slightly technical, podcast on ACT: 77. Acceptance and Commitment Therapy with Jill Stoddard – Psychologists Off the Clock

This website has a ton of resources on learning ACT: ACT for the Public | Association for Contextual Behavioral Science
I have been following ACT sessions for a year. I thought it was a valuable set of ideas. However, the personal mentor I was assigned to was constantly pressuring me into things that made me drift away from my own values (with everybody, he behaved as if he had the key to a happy life: his own superficial ideas and lifestyl and he was trying to force that upon all those he was responsible for). For me it was a struggle ...

I am seeing a new psychiatrist withing two weeks. It is one of the things - if time permits - that I want to bring up.
pliepla is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Bill3