View Single Post
What_the_hell

Member Since Sep 2016
54 hugs
given
Default May 08, 2023 at 10:38 AM

Hi all, I would like some feedback or opinions on my situation
I am in a 2-year relationship and we are planning to get married this yeat. I love and respect my partner, however she has a few health issues of various degrees: 'minor' heart issues, leftovers from sports injuries - she used to compete a lot as a teenager and the trainers sometimes used unethical, exhausting techniques; as well as issues that affect her reproductive health. Along with this, she used to drink a lot as a teenager and as she says, she wore down her body a lot.

With that said, she is a fully functional, hard-working adult capable of taking on responsibility and dealing with daily tasks. Unfortunately, she does not pay much attention to how she is eating, sleeping or exercising - she is mostly focused on progressing in her career. I think that the way she grew up (violent mom, volatile area, poverty) affected her priorities and pushing through, surviving is a big one for her - even though she is making more than enough to survive right now.

I witness some of health issues showing themselves from time to time and my heart aches. I feel for her. I feel a little scared. She calls herself 'damaged goods' sometimes and asks me if I am sure I want to get married. I honeslty think she'd benefit from therapy and learning to be kinder to herself but she isn't ready for this. I sometimes think that maybe I deserve someone healthier? But I love this individual. Not sure how to address this. I myself have health issues but not that many or to that extent. Would welcome any feedback or support <3

Hugs from:
Bill3, Discombobulated, Have Hope, Open Eyes, TishaBuv, Yaowen