View Single Post
AnaWhitney

Member Since Jun 2015
357 hugs
given
Default May 08, 2023 at 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletPimpernel View Post
I know the "root" of my most my issues: being neglected and then abandoned by emotionally handicapped parents. I still have a ton of work to do in therapy. I'm just now connecting some of the dots as to why certain things happened (indirectly and directly due to the root issue). I'm also learning how to see things from different perspectives, how to cope, to reveal all my parts and their traumas, practice circle living and use wise mind, etc. Plus there are daily issues that come up as just a natural part of life, and there's always building the therapeutic relationship. You can be done whenever you want to be done. You can choose a different treatment or therapist. And you shouldn't have to "bleed out everywhere"! Take things at your pace. Open the wound as slowly or as fast as you feel comfortable with. Therapy is hard and can hurt, AND you don't need to sacrifice your stability for it.
Thank you, can I ask how long it’s been since you found the root? I just like to know what happens next, I’ve never got this far before 🙈
That’s good to see someone’s else’s perspective that you don’t have to bleed out everywhere, I suppose for me it’s so hard to bring things up and I can only do it if I can bring it up in a logical sort or way, so I feel like I have to get it all out at once or else I’ll just be skimming the top and the rest will stay buried forever because I won’t be able to bring it up again because it won’t be relevant or important. I guess I have an all or nothing mentality about it and I definitely have sacrificed my stability by blurting out stuff before.
Therapy is hard alright! If I didn’t like my T I’d be long gone
AnaWhitney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ScarletPimpernel

Thanks for this!
ScarletPimpernel, SlumberKitty