View Single Post
ScarletPimpernel
Wise Elder

Member Since Nov 2013
6,445 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 08, 2023 at 02:25 PM

Well, I always knew my parents were an issue, but I never understood how things connected to it. What I thought was normal, wasn't. What I thought was minor, also wasn't. And the things I've done or had done to me, there was a reason for it. Issues with my mother were a no brainer. But my dad... he was my only real parent, but again, I thought what I did receive from him was a lot, when it wasn't. It was enough to get me through childhood, but I deserved more. I think the real A-ha's have come from understanding each part of myself and going through the different traumas in my life. So I guess I identified the root within the last 4 years with my current therapist.

I'm also kind of all or nothing when it comes to opening up. I get this urge in me, and I "rip off the bandaid" and put it all out there. L says I'm just listening to my wise-mind and it knows when it's ready to deal with something. It's scary and hurts AND I have found it to be the most healing for me. I wouldn't recommend it to others unless they feel it's right for them. For me, it feels right.

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight

Thanks for this!
AnaWhitney, LonesomeTonight, SlumberKitty