Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
272 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 09, 2023 at 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molinit View Post
I said you would be overwhelming for someone like ME. She sounds similar to me in that she has a lot on her plate right now.

I would lie to you if you kept asking me to do this, go to that concert, go out to eat, go to this show, etc. I do something with someone else once every 3-4 months. That's it. If someone kept asking me to do something and I said I was busy and they keep asking, then I lie because they're not getting the hint.

I don't see it in your profile, but have you ever suspected you may be on the spectrum or does anyone in your family have some level of autism? The social issues and requiring people to be "literal" with you because you aren't getting hints is what makes me ask. I am asking because I truly think this would be something worth investigating and could answer so many questions for you.
I misunderstood what you said, sorry. I don’t ask her to do things all the time. I only ask her to go out once or twice a month tops. She actually told me thar she’s glad that I get her out of the house.

So if she actually doesn’t want to go out, doesn’t that contradict what she said? Why can’t people just simply say no, not interested or that they’re not able to go out instead of making the lame ‘I’m busy’ excuse which could or could not be true.

Trying to read peoples minds is annoying, even if I’m not on the spectrum. I like people to be upfront & not force me to guess wth they really mean.

How do other people guess things correctly? I’m sure that even neurotypical people don’t even get these hard to read hints until it’s done a few times maybe.

I have actually told my friend that I might have undiagnosed autism &! that I literally can’t take hints ar times, so I’d appreciate it if she could be direct with me.

So it’s on her now to communicate with me in a way that I can understand things. To me, it’s like I’m asking her to please speak English to me as that’s the only language that I understand. Then she starts talking to me in something that I barely understand like Spanish.

Does that make sense to you now? lol. I could understand her clearly if she spoke to me in ‘English’ instead of ‘Spanish’, lol.

This giving hints thing is so stupid & silly to me. I’ll need to remind her to be clear with me from now on. Maybe she forgot this or worse, being a people pleaser makes it very difficult for her to be straightforward.

I wish that there was a book out there on how to translate weird social b.s rules, lol. I’m not that bad, but still, some things can still be sort of confusing to me.

I’m not going to invite her out anywhere or send her any jokes even for now. My last joke she’d love went ignored for two days already. Even I can take that hint, lol.
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote