View Single Post
The_little_didgee
Grand Magnate

Member Since Apr 2013
PC PoohBah!
Default May 11, 2023 at 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitimage View Post
Congratulations on getting into the program. It's good you have that option. So many employers now require post secondary education that it might worth doing.
Thanks. Yesterday I told my friend about this program. He thinks I should do it, since I have a lot of the skills and background to excel in this type of work.

There are two work placements. Maybe that will help me get hired. It seems to be the best way to get into a workplace that is reputable. It's so hard to find good jobs that are stable and have decent pay and benefits.

I was working in manufacturing before I got laid off. The pay was good, but my employer was questionable. Shortly after I left the company got into trouble with the Ministry. I knew there were violations but didn't say anything due to the pay I was getting out of fear of being fired. I don't want to work for another company like that.

Most jobs in the industry pay pathetic wages. $18/hour??? I made that amount of money in 2019. I cannot live off that now due to all my expenses (and I don't even own a car etc...). This city is expensive. My rent is $1300.00.

I'm going to a job fair this afternoon. Maybe something good will come my way.

Last edited by The_little_didgee; May 11, 2023 at 06:12 AM..
The_little_didgee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
FloatThruThis, HALLIEBETH87