Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 11, 2023 at 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECHOES View Post
This fascinates me. No one has an answer for my question: when we recall a long forgotten memory, where was it? And the related questions: Why did it get triggered by (a conversation, book, or something else)? How did my brain retrieve it? How did it get 'stored' in the first place?

Even Google's AI chat bot Bard could not tell me, though it had a lot to say in general.

I think that I shall never know
How memories come
And where they go.
there are answers to your questions. they are just very technical and you cant find the answers by typical media based ways. beyond the basics, each persons brain functions the way their body and mind needs it to function. you can find out the beyond the basics about your individual brain by going through long and expensive testing process called brain mapping, eeg's PET, FMRI tests and more.

Example I have MS. I go through a whole load of tests, some yearly some more spaced out then yearly.

the point is for me I know the answers to your questions as they relate to me and my amygdala, nerves, muscles, neurons, receptors, and so on.

you can find the basics of how a brain functions online, in books and videos but you cant find those deeper individualized to you, kinds of answers that you are asking like where your memories is stored and how your brain did that and so on and so forth.

you can learn the answers as they relate directly to you by taking college graduate courses on the brain that cover the basics beyond the basis and then going through a brain mapping study, nerve mapping study and so on and so forth and through various brain scans.

be prepared for the fact that some of the tests are not covered by insurance and can cost thousands of dollars. and also, be prepared that these special brain mapping, and studies kinds of tests may include drinking or injections of dyes, and some include nerve conductivity tests (electrodes stimulating the nerve bundles in various areas like hands arms legs feet toes back) some tests take up to two hours of laying very still inside very small, spaced machines that make a heck of a lot of noise.

on a good note, when all the testing and studies are done you will have a full report on how your brain works beyond the basics textbook stuff.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote