View Single Post
Yaowen
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jan 2020
6,475 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 11, 2023 at 11:53 AM

I'm so sorry that things didn't work out. From sad personal experience I can definitely identify with you. I lost a best friend and sometimes it still hurts even decades later. Our brains seem to have a mind of their own sometimes and take us places where we perhaps don't really want to go.

Every one has good and bad points. It is difficult to decide where fault lies when things go south. A person might think that we should change the bad things about ourselves but at the same time a person can be more tolerant and understanding of our weaknesses.

It can be a fault to have faults but it can equally be a fault to not be tolerant of faults.

I have seen relationships which seemed to me to be impossible because one person seemed to have so many weaknesses and yet the other person had such low expectations and was so easy going and tolerant that these weakness were not a big deal to them. What to make so such things?

It is so painful to lose a best friend. A psychiatrist once told me that often a friend is more important than a spouse for one's mental health. I don't know, but that's what he told me.

I wish I knew what to say to ease the pain and distress that has befallen you and continues to haunt you. But I am sort of in the same boat, or at least a different boat on the same rough sea. I hope you will feel better soon! And sorry I didn't know what to say to be helpful to you!
Yaowen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, Insarations

Thanks for this!
Bill3