View Single Post
xRavenx
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2016
8,123 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 11, 2023 at 01:28 PM

I had a meeting with my new/old pdoc. It is the pdoc that originally diagnosed me with Bipolar about 12 years ago. I was seeing a different pdoc afer about 5 years with the original one, but I started to feel I needed another set of eyes when it came to my meds, because my anxiety had increased, and she said we tried everything...

I saw the old pdoc today and did not have the best experience with her. She did not let me finish, was not very warm. I explained I was only taking my clonazepam a few times per week, and her reply was that I would "definitely start taking it every day." She said she does not want me on this med at all, even though I've been on it for years with no addiction issues. I am not even requesting a higher dose or anything like that. In fact, she was the one that first prescribed it to me. She also said I should quit my job, and I really don't agree that it would be the solution. She just wasn't very helpful.

I am wondering if it is common for pdocs now to cut people off of klonopin. She ended up prescribing me a months worth, but said that won't continue much longer. The whole interaction left me with a lot of anxiety when something that has been helping is going to be taken away. I'm not sure if I should see another pdoc.....not just due to the med issue, but she also seemed pretty cold and did not try to understand how my anxiety affects me. I understand why some pdocs do not want to prescribe it, but for someone who has been responsible for years... I just don't understand. It left me tearful and opposite of how a patient should feel when a Psychiatrist should be there to help you with your mental health. Any thoughts?

Hugs from:
bizi, Fuzzybear, giddykitty, JaneOnceMore, raspberrytorte, Soupe du jour, Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
bizi