Tart Cherry Jam
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2021
1,205 hugs
given
Default May 11, 2023 at 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitimage View Post
@Blue_Bird I'm glad you didn't need a filling.

Well the past 2 days have been a bust. I'm really struggling with what my mental block around this is.
I am too tired in the evening so I have my oral care routine in the morning. Immediately upon waking up, I floss very carefully, then use a tongue scraper, then brush with an electric brush for two minutes, wipe my mouth with a paper towel and set the timer on my microwave for 30 minutes. During that time, I usually apply the sunscreen booster, then sunscreen, then go for a slow walk around the apartment complex. This way I get the morning sunlight which is supposed to really help with the sleep-wake cycle, and I also love it. When I am back, usually 30 minutes have passed and I can make my coffee and if I have time for it, cook breakfast.

Ideally I would brush twice a day but I am too tired in the evening. And I have done extensive research into this and found out that brushing once a day is enough. As for flossing, there is a 24 hour cycle to plaque formation so if you floss once in a 24 hour period, you break this cycle and that is all that is needed.

My dentist says that my gums can be displayed at an exhibition, so the ritual I have developed works very well.

More than 10 years ago there was a time when I simply could not make myself floss. But I was at a very low point. I have a far healthier mouth now than I did a decade ago.
Tart Cherry Jam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna

Thanks for this!
splitimage