View Single Post
stahrgeyzer
Magnate

Member Since Feb 2018
5,660 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 12, 2023 at 02:38 PM

I've had two psychiatrists and 3 psychologists. Each psychiatrists didn't see me nearly as much as the psychologists, like 15 minutes per week for maybe half year each, but their diagnoses were less scary to me; general anxiety disorder, depression, BPD, PTSD.

I saw my first clinical psychologists about a year for 50 minutes per week, often 2 to 3 times per week. The 2nd clinical psychologist talked to my first one and continued from their. I also saw her about the same time. The DID guy was a clinical neuropsychologist in his 70s. He diagnosed me with DID. I saw him for 50 minutes per week for about a half year'ish. I think he was the best psychologists of the 3 but he was kind of aggressive. He said modern psychology understands about 1% of the brain and I believe it. No offense to anyone but I don't like the DID models and think that's one of the least understood disorders. It's probably one of the least accepted disorders amongst psychologists. He didn't want me to see DID as different people, but rather as parts that forms a whole person.
stahrgeyzer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
lizardlady, Nammu, Open Eyes