View Single Post
Blueowl
Blueowl has no updates.

1 yr Member
142 hugs
given
Default May 12, 2023 at 06:43 PM

I am divorcing a man who I will describe as very religious. Although I was raised Catholic, I never had a problem with people with different views.

For years, and this is part of the demise of the marriage, he always enjoys talking about religion and the "truth" and shames me for not agreeing. I would never think of shaming him for having a different point of view. I feel so disrespected as a human being and realized that some people, who claim to be religious, can be so intolerant of others who do not share their views. The conversations are always circular and cannot break from the cycle. He thoroughly enjoys engaging in religious talk but seemingly with the intent of inculcating his own views.

Today, for me, it's one of those downer days because I do not like being alone/lonely. I grew up in a family of 6 and so always liked having some noise at home. It was comforting. It kills me to think I am going to be living alone - for who knows how long.

Why are these religious people so mean and cruel? I've had good friends throughout the years who were very religious but that never stopped us from being good friends or respecting each other.

I just don't understand... I cannot wrap my head around it. I was under the wrong impression more religious people would be kinder and I feel like a complete failure for being so naive.

Before getting married, I told him what I wanted. I had all the right conversations. In the last few weeks, he told me it was never his intent to ever get married. I feel duped.

The only thing I feel like doing right now is curl up in bed and cry.
Blueowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, Discombobulated, Fuzzybear, moodyblue83, mote.of.soul, stahrgeyzer, TishaBuv, unaluna