View Single Post
Revenge Tour

Member Since Apr 2023
83 hugs
given
Default May 13, 2023 at 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
I’m glad that worked out for you for now. I just want to add that the whole elderly parent living with the kids depends on the health needs of the parent, too. With my mother, she keeps falling and breaking bones. She needs professional nursing care. If she goes into a facility, which is covered by Medicaid, she gets the proper care she needs. If she stays home with her adult kids, this becomes an expense that has to be paid out of pocket and it is outrageously unaffordable. Something to think about before your mother needs medical help and really can’t care for herself.
Thanks, TishaBuv.

This is where it's tricky. Sister-in-law insists their mother needs help enough to where she can't live alone yet is independent enough to not need assistance. What? Sorry, sis. You can't have it both ways. Hence the stalemate.

But my issue is resolved in a week. Mother-in-law is out of here and, at worst, my wife will watch her two out of six weeks at mother-in-law's apartment. Not ideal but I can live with it. I'll miss my wife but mother-in-law is not welcome here any more. I know that sounds harsh but if I can't trust someone, they're not welcome.
Revenge Tour is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote