View Single Post
Revenge Tour

Member Since Apr 2023
87 hugs
given
Default May 13, 2023 at 08:16 AM

Oh man, can I relate. In my 30s and 40s I put on a lot of weight. My father never said anything to me directly about it but he'd make general comments (for anyone to hear) like "To lose weight, you need to eat healthy." or "Diet and exercise are key." Things like that. I'm not stupid. That was his indirect way of fat shaming me. Okay. Whatever. My father and I were never close and he died a few years ago.

Fast forward a few years and COVID hit. I made a vow to change my life. I was sick of looking and feeling like hell so I decided to do something about it (actually the entire story is in another thread I posted so I won't regurgitate it here). Long story short, I completely changed my diet and I started walking up a hill (literally) in town then finally got back into running (I ran a lot in my 20s). I started seeing results and have lost 70 pounds (with more to go). I feel better and wear clothes I haven't tried on in years. I'm starting to sound like a Jenny Craig commercial so I'll close in a sec.

My point is YOU have the power to make changes in your life. Is it easy? Nope!! I'm hungry quite often but when I step on the scale and see a lower number, it is rewarding and makes me literally more hungry to keep pressing. And not to sound mean but I'd love my father to see me now. It would be the biggest middle finger I could give him without saying a word. If I sound angry I apologize but there are some things that you just don't forget. Three benefits of weight loss.... the first is better physical health. The second is better emotional health. The third is shutting your father up.

I wish you all the best in your decisions but I hope you think about what I said. Rome wasn't built in a day as we all know.
Revenge Tour is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Blueowl, Tart Cherry Jam, unaluna