Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
272 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 13, 2023 at 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtleyWilkins View Post
Goodness. Your relationship with your father sounds incredibly difficult and painful. You may certainly need to create some boundaries with him, not as punishment for him, but as healthy living for yourself. The most difficult aspect is to hold your boundary without further engaging with him as the continual response to him is boundary weakening and appears to only create more distress. Hopefully you can also find a good therapist to help you figure out these issues with the relationships in your life. It sounds very stressful for you.
Boundaries obviously don’t work for long with him. He is like a bratty child. He might stop for awhile longer if I make the punishments for violating my boundaries severe.

I already blocked his email for a month. And his calls. Emergency calls can be taken by my husband.

He was so nasty to me that I enforced my boundaries refusing to see him & my toxic fat shaming boundary violating mom for Thanksgiving & Christmas.

I do not want my holidays ruined & having him give me unsolicited diet & weight loss asvice then eespecially, lol. It’s like he NEEDS to control & upset me to make him feel better or in control and f life somehow, ugh!

I also am blocking him for 6 months on email & the phone. I told him his abusive letters will instantly be thrown in the recycling bin, lol 😆

I despise them. He is an abusive narcissist .He obviously doesn’t care that I started becoming bullimic again.

I made things extremely clear. I told him that if he violates my boundaries one more time, that I’m cutting them out of my life permanently!

I gave up on therapy btw. Most of them don’t care. Since nothing has changed in 30 years, then it never will.
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Blueowl