Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,279 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 13, 2023 at 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesyka View Post
Sorry to hear about your dad. Passive aggressive pare the worst. Therapy is a waste of time & money. Nothing has really helped much in over 20 years.

Most therapists are cold & uncaring. That’s great thar it helped you though.

I think that the only thing that works is ignoring him. Nothing works. It’s not possible to communicate with a narcissist.

They don’t care, literally. I banned him from the house,, refused to see him & my mom this Thanksgiving & Christmas & am now blocking his email & number for 6 months to severely punish him & to teach him that disrespecting me has extremely severe consequences, lol 😆

I made a list of words to never ever mention, fat, diet, weight, diabetes, health. Violation of my boundaries will result in me permanently cutting them out of my life. I didn’t do that yet because my husband forced me to interact with them.

I don’t understand why my husband expects me to just accept my dads abusive behavior.

Btw, most men suck! Most men are bad. They want to control & use women & not care about their feelings.
I don’t share an opinion about therapists not caring. Same as in every profession some do and some don’t. I am sorry you run into bad ones

Oh I don’t know if all men suck and use women. Plenty of men don’t suck and don’t use women at all.

Full estrangement isn’t always possible but you can try limiting your interactions and disengage
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
jesyka