View Single Post
The_little_didgee
Grand Magnate

Member Since Apr 2013
PC PoohBah!
Default May 14, 2023 at 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueowl View Post
I read an article that certain foods cause histamines. Learned fermented food and spinach fall in this category. Have you changed your diet lately - fluids? I’m not a doctor, just brainstorming. Or…. Are you taking something that maybe metabolized in the kidneys and the urine output irritates the skin? Just sharing my random thoughts.

My diet hasn't really changed lately.

I have noticed certain types of craft beer make me itch especially on my face and hands. Besides that I haven't noticed any other foods that cause this reaction.

As far as I know, I am okay. In fall 2021 my creatinine was .60 umol/L and my estimated GFR was 107.0 mL/min/1.73m*2. -- This skin condition started in summer 2019.

When the skin is very irritated urine stings it, but I don't think my urine is the cause of the skin reaction. The only other thing I can think of is the adhesive on feminine hygiene products. Band-Aids and most medical tapes irritate me. They cause red itchy patches.

I have dyshidrotic eczema on my hands. It first appeared last year and I blamed it on my old job. Something else is causing it because I still have it 3 months after leaving that workplace.