Magnate

Member Since Jun 2016
8,123 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 15, 2023 at 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raspberrytorte View Post
Yeah. She shouldn't have told you to quit your job. I once had a therapist tell me I needed to quit my job. How the hell was I supposed to pay my bills at the time if I quit my job?! Stupid *****. I ghosted her. It was very satisfying!

Also, about your clonazepam, clonazepam withdrawal is a BEAST. It's terrible. Is she at least wanting to wean you off it, or is she just cold turkying you? I don't like this pdoc! I think you should search for a new one, though I know finding a pdoc is hard.
Yes, exactly! At one point, my old pdoc said the same thing. It's like: is she going to pay my bills?? I don't have the luxury of quitting my job, and I worked really hard when it comes to getting this job and have been able to keep it due to my meds helping me. She gave me some klonopin with instructions to only take 2 pills each week and not to exceed that. But she does not want to keep me on it, which is giving me anxiety. It's just really hard, because as a PRN, it has worked wonders. I feel it has helped me be successful at this job, and it is an accomplishment for me to keep this job for 4 years, and there are incentives for me to stay. Now, I fear I'm going to de-stabilize, and it is worrying me.

It is also on my mind that I am thinking about going back to my previous pdoc (Dr. L) who I had right before this one, but I will have to explain why I switched providers and why I'm coming back since my experience with Dr. M was a negative one. I don't want Dr. L to get offended that I tried to go back to somebody else. I wasn't 100% happy with Dr. L, but I like her better than Dr. M; especially after this experience, although I probably need someone completely new. It's a tough spot to be in.

Hugs from:
bizi, Tart Cherry Jam