View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.7k hugs
given
Default May 15, 2023 at 01:41 PM

Oh yes, my parents thought I was the bad person because I fought with them (but I noted not with anyone one else). Then I got married & fought with my husband (but noted still not with anyone else). So the common denominator must be me & according to my mom years before she died.....my ex was a "saint" to put up with me.

Well after my parents died & I finally left my now ex husband (after 33 years of putting up with him & 21 years before that of putting up with my parents) & years of good therapy after I left........WOW, I discovered the real common denominator.....their personalities were so similar & I could never trust what they said to be correct. I always questioned & they hated to be questioned when I KNEW they were wrong. Ok....my part in the problem was probably my reaction to them too.....so the problem was on both sides not just one or the other.

I still question what people say if I think they are wrong or what is said is only half of the REAL picture.....but these people don't act like jerks like my parents or ex-husband did & a real normal conversation or even debate can follow & nothing ever esclates into fighting.....unless the other person insists their way of thinking is the only way that is right. Difference now.....I walk away from people like that cause I can

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear