View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 15, 2023 at 02:41 PM

I will tell you, I had the drive to adult from a very young age & doubt that any circumstance I would have been put in could have stopped that drive. I had a drive to have a career & I didn't allow anyone (parents or husband who tried) to get in my way.

When I finally did leave my ex, the therapist we were seeing said he had the emotional maturity of a 13 year old at the age of 54.

What I am saying here is that internal drive is very hard to change. Maybe you didn't have that drive even before you made the move at 13. When we get stuck like that sometimes the only thing that helps is when we get fed up enough we have to force our own selves to take the steps to CHANGE.

And yes @The Gal, this applies to all addictions. Until we get fed up enough at where we are there is no incentive to do the work it takes to change. We have to have incentive & drive to change or it will never happen.

Even with a TBI, I have seen people who have had incentive & drive work hard at doing what is necessary to find their best healed potential while I have seen others satisfied to do nothing & complain.

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Nammu