eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

eskielover has no updates.

15 yr Member
14.5k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 15, 2023 at 03:09 PM

I told my now ex husband what I expected before getting married & said I was not interested in getting married if we were not in agreememt.

Found out later he agreed because he believed I would change after getting married. I did not change & it caused fighting throughout our marriage.

Our differences were all kinds of issues from finances (not overspending) & at that time my degree & career were important & no one was going to get in my way of achieving that. Religion was a silent issue but at this point in my life I would never get married to someone who didn't see religion the same way I do. I can tolerate others outside of marriage but inside marriage that division has an effect whether we want to admit it or not & it does nothing to pull together the closeness a marriage needs.

Finding someone in the future who thinks like you do.....you will find the real difference an agreement on this makes in a marriage & so will he.

Arguing & fighting about it serves no purpose on his part because it drives you farther away. But religious differences are as hard on a marriage as financial differences because those topics don't usually have any place where compromise is possible if one feels very strongly about the issue. Being friends with someone who thinks differently is a lot different than being tied to them 24/7 through marriage

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote