View Single Post
Blueowl
Blueowl has no updates.

1 yr Member
142 hugs
given
Default May 15, 2023 at 05:41 PM

"I told my now ex husband what I expected before getting married & said I was not interested in getting married if we were not in agreememt.

Found out later he agreed because he believed I would change after getting married."

I had all the needed conversations... Same as your ex-husband, he told me he thought I would change. I was upfront from the very beginning!

I grew up in a household where my father was more religious than my mother, and it was not a big deal whatsoever. I grew up with tolerating differences. Yes, you don't live with a friend - absolutely true. Good point.

About politics... that has surfaced also. And women's rights. I truly believe the source is that he cannot control me, control how I think, nor intimidate me through threats or shaming. I'm not caving in and that makes him even more furious.

I've heard him talk to people on the phone and he pretends to be such a good man... and when no one is looking, all I get is contempt and disdain. He knows what he is doing. His choices have hurt me.

Religion was a non-factor in my first marriage. He was methodist and I was catholic. We had no issues in that realm - at all.

Thank goodness for these forums because I wouldn't know how to get this stuff off my chest. Thank you, fellow posters.
Blueowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, Discombobulated, eskielover

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated