View Single Post
SushiNCorn

Member Since Sep 2022
30 hugs
given
Default May 17, 2023 at 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodyblue83 View Post
Hi Sushi....First of all , do you have any children ? If so that's a different scenario. If not then I was told , and found out the hard way that going no contact is the best way to move forward. It seems he still wants to be part of your life. It will probably hurt your new relationship. In my experience there's no way you and your ex can remain " friends ". It'll always be more than that. Only communicate with him if you absolutely have to. As harsh as it sounds , no contact, is the way you have to go so you can get on with your life.
I hope things work out well for you...
Thank you for your helpful advice.
No I do not have any children, which is a good thing. If we did, then I guess we would have no choice but to remain in each others' lives.
Where I mainly struggle is not knowing how to tell him that I do not want him texting me, calling me or wanting to meet me anymore. And it clearly bothers my boyfriend. He even asked me why I haven't told my ex that I am dating someone else yet. But my point was why does he need to know if he is not important enough in my life anymore.
I am also a little scared that if he realizes that I have moved on to someone else, he would try even harder to remain a part of my life. I know this because I know him. He is like a child who wants the toy someone told him he cannot have. I just don't want all that drama in my life.
It almost feels like he wants to keep me open as an option if nothing else works out. And he probably thinks that he can, because there was a point where I was willing to give up everything including my job, career to save the marriage. But I have most definitely moved on from that and knowing this would crush his ego.
I guess I am just trying to avoid the drama & complications. Clearly that's not going to happen
SushiNCorn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote