Thread: New Life
View Single Post
SushiNCorn

Member Since Sep 2022
30 hugs
given
Default May 19, 2023 at 07:49 PM

Topping up on this post, not in the best state of mind.
My new boyfriend and I have been fighting almost every weekend. He has constantly told me that he doesn't trust me. Many of the fights have been over things that never happened and he thought in his head.
Some fights have been on the back of a chat he found on my phone where I had sent some pics of myself to an old friend who said I haven't seen you in a while and want to see you. Granted, there came a point where I felt he was trying to hit on me. The moment I felt that, I told him I had a boyfriend and I was committed to him. My boyfriend saw this chat and has repeatedly told me he considers this cheating. I argued initially. But later gave in and told him that I respect it if he feels that way. I asked him if he can move on from this. He said Yes. I asked him what do I need to do so that he doesn't feel like I'm cheating on him. He said never repeat this. I said OK and have made sure that I do not have any conversations with any guys that can come close to being inappropriate (in his eyes at least). Yet, the same fights happen every now and then. He says he doesn't trust me and it will take him some time to trust me. But still says that he loves me a lot and doesn't want to give up.
Then there are times where I take things he says too personally and that leads to a fight.
After one of the many fights today, I realized that probably both of us are so hell bent on proving our own self right, that we disregard each others' feelings. Yes, he is unreasonable sometimes, but in that moment I so want to prove it and prove that he is being unreasonable that the fight keeps on getting worse.
It is the same thing that he does. I know I overreact sometimes. But then he gets so defensive in trying to prove how I am being foolish that the fight never gets resolved.
We reach a point in the night where he says I cannot have this conversation anymore, we will talk about it tomorrow. But that tomorrow never comes.
And I am left feeling like I'm doing the same thing I did in my marriage - brush things under the carpet.

What do I do? I just feel so lost and helpless sometimes.
I am scared of losing him so I keep running after him, I don't have the patience to sleep on it and wait until tomorrow to resolve it. I have this fear in my mind. I know what happens when things don't get resolved. I am so lost.
Am I going wrong somewhere. Please give me honest advice. I think I could really use an independent view.
SushiNCorn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote