View Single Post
delightful

Member Since Feb 2020
13 hugs
given
Default May 19, 2023 at 07:56 PM

Hi,
R, I'm sorry for your loss. You're right - memorials are for the living. And I think you've chosen a good way to honor your aunt. In my circle of people, death seems to be around an awful lot. I'm just at the age when so many friends are dying. And it makes me realize to always be grateful for friends and family and never take any of them for granted.

I can't seem to catch up on yuck stuff. I long for closure. I need to have something finished so I can think, "yes, I'm a confident and capable person. I got _____ done."
The roofer said he might be able to move the solar panels. That would be so wonderful. I just want it finished.
Mice are back. I hired a guy to get rid of the weeds that grow every year, and apparently, he disturbed their condominium. I bought a sonic mouse/rat deterrent for the garage. I hope it works.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch. - We have three acres. My husband is a "live for today" sort of person. Three acres is a lot of land for an eighty year old little man to take care of. He didn't worry about the thistles, because there weren't that many. Result (drum roll) I think the thistles won. I cut back a bunch of them by the house. but I wussed out early. I was using a hedge clipper. He said it's so much easier with a mower. I asked how he handled the the branches with the seeds on them, and he said he didn't.
Anyway, I'm really tired. Of course the answer is to write a very big check for a herd of twenty-year-olds to slash and load the branches.
SPG, I was interested in what you said about memory drugs. I'm getting foggy brain, and it's making everthing take longer because I've forgotten where I've put the _________.
My medical stuff has been on hold because of insurance issues last year. I thought I'd solved them, and saw my pcp in March, and she made some referrals for me. the insurance didn't pay her bill. (My mistake - I handed them the wrong card.) Also, I put off medical stuff last year because I wanted her for my pcp, but my insurance co. dropped her, so I had to get new insurance. So, now, she says she's leaving the area. Rats! I guess this is a rant. I didn't mean it when I started writing. Anyway, I know if I got all my medical appointments squared away, I'd probably have more energy to tackle everything else.

One of my new things is to try to be grateful for all the good things. My friend, Kate, is loosing vision, and I'm realizing how I take things like that for granted.

Okay, good wishes to both of you.
D.
delightful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote