View Single Post
Rose76
Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,344 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 20, 2023 at 11:13 AM

@divine1966 - thanks for discussing those options. Alcohol does seem to be emerging as a factor behind things going sideways. Next day, I even said to the sister I'm staying with that I'm starting to think that I just can't be around my other sister when she's drinking. It also could be said that alcohol didn't improve my judgement - either - about what was a right way to interact.

I had always known my niece to be a very light drinker, but I'm told that has changed. Also, I'm told she's an avid cannibis user. A metal container of edible cannibis (gummy squares) got produced before she had the meltdown. She may have been alternating glasses of wine with "gummies." I'm not familiar with how cannabis affects the mind. It's never been my thing. I thought marijuana made people very relaxed and mellow. On the other hand, I've seen my brother get very morose and kind of belligerent after smoking a joint. He developed a major weed habit on top of his alcoholism. Ten years ago, he telephoned me to say he would never see or speak to me again. (He further stated that he wouldn't tell me why.) He has kept that promise. I don't even know if he's still alive. My point in mentioning him is to give some idea of how much failure I've experienced in trying to have good relations with my close relatives. My boyfriend of many years is deceased, and I've never had children. My parents have both passed away. So my siblings and their kids are all that's left to me. When one of them gets mad at me, I feel distraught over it.
Rose76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, eskielover, FloatThruThis