jesyka
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
270 hugs
given
Default May 22, 2023 at 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueowl View Post
Agreed that it is hard to make friends. Most the friends I made were at work, but people get other jobs and move and it's hard to stay in touch.

When I lived in state ABC, none of my neighbors wanted anything to do with me. They wouldn't even say hello. Then I moved to state XYZ, where I lived out in the country, and was very good friends with the neighbors (most of them), but those friendships fizzled because I moved and honestly, I didn't keep in touch.

With the stuff that goes on in society today, political differences, polarizing views... Maybe people are afraid - as am I.

It is hard to find a true friend as many people I've come across want something out of you, and if they cannot get something out of you, they move on pretty quickly.

You have to be young, healthy, pretty, successful, popular, and have lots of money. Otherwise, you're out! Which is very unrealistic.

Do you live in an urban environment or out in the country?
You’re absolutely right about what you said. Most do called friendships are transactional in nature.

It seems like if you don’t share the same religious or political views, you’ll be automatically rejected by other people. It’s so stupid. It’s almost like you need to be almost like them in order for them to like you or accept you. It sucks!

And you can’t be better off than them or most people will end up resenting you for having what they don’t too, ugh! Most people aren’t really happy for other people it serms like.
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote