jesyka
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
270 hugs
given
Default May 22, 2023 at 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
My new friend in my building asked me to pick up her mail while she is away. I was happy to do it. I feel this is what friendly neighbors do for each other and have no problem with it. Is this the kind of transaction you are talking about that annoys you?

Now, if my friend starts asking too many favors, it could become an issue. There is a careful balance I will try to do to not get into a situation where I have to draw a boundary and lose a friend/friendly acquaintance.

What would having an ideal friend look like to you?

For me, it’s partly about wanting to have someone to enjoy doing something with. I’m not looking for perfection, and will put up with quite a lot usually because the experience of being together to do xyz and enjoying their company is the point to me.
No, that woukd not annoy me unless I knew that was the only reason theydeven talk to me., to use me for something.

An ideal friend for me woukd be lotal, not badmouth me behind my back, be honest, kind, straightforward, definitely not passive aggressive, not overly gossipy, definitely not self absorbed, not judgmental, not critical, reliable, not flaky, fun, funny, likes most or sll of the sane things I do, not some crazy extremist religious type, not observing with fitting in, not a follower, cool, smart, into clothes, hair, makeup, movies, cats, festivals, concerts, and music too.

lol.

Transactions that would annoy me include people who expect you to do something for them everytime they do anything for you at all, expect you to listen to them all the time but ignore you when you talk. Only contact you when they’re bored & have no one else to talk to, etc.

I’m not super picky, but I fo have standards. I don’t put up with flakes, phonies, liars, users, backstabbers, selfish self absorbed people who need free therapists , jealous types, etc.
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote