Pinny
Grand Member

Member Since Feb 2022
768 hugs
given
Default May 22, 2023 at 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pliepla View Post
These last years, a lot has been written about conspiration theories and why people believe in them. In short, it is linked to specific psychological traits and in theory, we could all fall for them. Just look for "why do people believe in conspiracy theories" (or ask chatGPT ) and you will find many articles that will point in the same direction (which is of course what a conspiracy would look like ).

As for speakin gwith such people, I have learned that addressing their underlying anxieties and insecurities can help. Sometimes you can move on to whatever ideas these people may have. But is hard and the whole process can be frustrating. Whether it is worth the effort, that is for you to decide.

Edit: I am not sure whether we are allowed to link to other sites here but if so, I could alwas look out for an interesting article.
He is insightless when it comes to having underlying anxieties and insecurities. He has no ability to recognise that could be contributing to his way of thinking. He kept repeating how mature it is of him to have a well established opinion that can’t be changed by a conversation or evidence to the contrary.
Pinny is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote