View Single Post
Rose76
Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,344 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 22, 2023 at 07:22 PM

I did google AL-Anon in this area. There were meetings. I didn't rent a car, and I'm not comfortable asking for a ride to, and from, a meeting. I'll go to meetings where I live when I get home, as I had been doing.

I haven't contacted my sister who left. I was supposed to be spending this week with her. Instead I've prolonged my stay with my other sister. It's getting old being here. I want to see if I can get a cheap flight out of here within the next couple of days. I just want to go home.

For 3 years I've been planning this trip. What a flop it's been. A tidy sum of money spent to be with people whom I don't feel good to be around. Somehow I thought it would be completely different.

The sister I'm staying with is being very gracious. Her husband doesn't hardly talk to me. Her adult son came by a few days ago. I had dinner with them. Her son, my nephew spoke exactly 4 words to me. When I was alone with him in the living room before dinner, he said: "When ya goin' back?" That's it! He's a college graduate, well into his 30s. He has a responsible job. I don't think he's incapable of making a little, polite small-talk with a visiting aunt. I think he imitates his father, with this - minimalist engagement with a visitor from Mom's side of the family. I think it's rude. I want to leave.

If this all sounds weird, it sure feels weird.
Rose76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, FloatThruThis, unaluna, xRavenx