Soupe du jour
Elder
Soupe du jour has no updates.

8 yr Member
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 23, 2023 at 06:12 AM

Hello @alpsych. I'm sorry you're going through this. I, too, hope you stop back here to check in.

I am curious if you experienced any of the issues you describe BEFORE you moved to Canada as teen. Or if that didn't make a difference since at 13 you were still a kid, as opposed to now being well into your adulthood.

Though I am not qualified to diagnose, what came to my mind is the autism spectrum (milder type, like "formerly known as" Asperger Syndrome). You do not seem to have anything like Peter Pan Syndrome, in my view. I say Asperger Syndrome only because both of my nephews were diagnosed with it and the diagnoses for them were quite right. Autism spectrum disorders definitely require special therapeutic approaches that you likely have not received. In addition to autism issues, challenges like depression and anxiety may be co-occurring. You are clearly an intelligent person. My nephews have always had high intelligence and/or talents, as well, but also some disabilities. My eldest adult nephew (in his early 30s) still lives with my sister and is a bit dependent on her, but does currently have a job. My family lost my youngest nephew to co-occurring depression (when he was 24). My guess is that the latter never saw a future for himself and felt he'd always live with my sister and her husband. Sadly, neither received sufficient therapy for their autism. Neither ever really had any friends, though properly treated people on the low end of the autism spectrum certainly can. Plus even marriage and kids.

Psych Medications:
* Tegretol XR (carbamazepine ER) 800 mg
* Lamictal (lamotrigine) 150 mg
* Seroquel XR (quetiapine ER) 600 mg
* Seroquel IR (quetiapine IR) 50 mg
* Lyrica (pregabalin) 100 mg

Last edited by Soupe du jour; May 23, 2023 at 08:36 AM..
Soupe du jour is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
eskielover, SquarePegGuy