Legendary

Member Since Dec 2014
1,879 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 23, 2023 at 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueowl View Post
@Mendingmysoul... I have been dragged into these circular arguments. I, sadly, increased his vocabulary. He would use the new words I introduced against me. I wouldn't cave in, and so what I got from him were these dark, black eyes, with hatred in them.

I recently spent some time with another woman who is divorcing a narc who knew exactly what I was talking about regarding the look on his face.

Am sorry that you get triggered. It's taken (and I cannot say that I won't fall for it again, but I am doing my best not to...) a very conscious decision and mindset to not talk to him about anything that is absolutely necessary and even then, I keep it very short and walk away quickly to do something else.

You can never have an intelligent discussion with these people.
Never-ending same circular argument here, too. That’s what happened in my marriage (now divorcing but living apart). It was crazy-making. I said my piece in every way I could, and was so baffled that he couldn’t hear me. It turns out he didn’t want to hear me, and he was passive aggressively engaging in this fruitless argument to keep me unhinged. It took me way too long to finally understand that and end the relationship. I never had that kind of struggle before with anyone else, that circular argument. I wonder if this is a part of a narcissist dynamic.

I do recall Ramani did a video talking about having the same argument over and over.

I just did a search and found several sites addressing this being a part of gaslighting and stonewalling.

Last edited by TishaBuv; May 23, 2023 at 07:11 AM.. Reason: Add more
TishaBuv is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Blueowl, Mendingmysoul