View Single Post
Rose76
Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,341 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 23, 2023 at 07:54 PM

I'm here to vent. I'm still visiting my sister. I just had dinner with my sister and her husband. It was feeling reasonably cordial. The brother-in-law interacted a little. Then their son came in unexpectantly. He immediately engaged with his parents. He has not said hello to me. Since arriving he has been conversing steadily with his mother. She and I are both sitting in the living room. I thought maybe he had stuff to tell her that he needed to get out. I thought I didn't want to interrupt him. I've looked in his direction thinking, if I made some eye contact with him, it might encourage him to acknowlege me in some way. He has not looked in my direction. He very ostentatiously has not looked in my direction.

This feels so weird and so uncomfortable. I can't see how to put a better face on this, other than to think this is flat out rudeness. He was rude as a child, and he's not changed. I do not believe this is shyness. I think he's staying the night. I expect he will do as he did when he was here for dinner a few nights ago. He will make zero eye contact with me and speak on and off with his parents and say nothing to me. I guess, if it feels too awful to me, I have the option of retiring to the guest room where I'm sleeping.

My sister has to know this is an odd scenario. She adores this son.

Well - this trip has been a learning experience.
Rose76 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote