View Single Post
giddykitty
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jan 2018
3,229 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 24, 2023 at 06:31 PM

Ok, updated my signature to show I'm no longer on Vraylar or any antipsychotics. I've officially lost the label of having bipolar2. I think my last visit with the psychiatrist was last October. I was about to have to sign my life away to get prescriptions. No more free trials and again, filling out an application for meds including all this information i didn't want to have to dig up, and honestly, have to discuss with my husband. He's never really been supportive of my need for mental health services. There, i said it! It's been a real struggle. So, for that reason, among others, I'm relieved that i do not have bipolar2 or anything that serious now. I do still require an antidepressant, mostly for anxiety, but also to help with moods. H still doesn't really like the idea that I'm dependent on this. He just does not understand that it's just like how i need meds for my thyroid. He's a smart guy too! It boggles the mind!

Anyway, so I'm not seeing a psychiatrist anymore. My GP is able to prescribe my ADs. And the Celexa/Citalopram has been enough to help with my anxiety, so I no longer require additional meds for that. I hope and pray that this part of my life stays this simple or gets even better, because I still have several other meds and supplements I take, always or sometimes, to cope with my other issues. Life is certainly not easy for me, even if I don't have bipolar.

Um, not sure really what else to say. In other news, I've been preparing to host H's family this summer. Originally, we thought today his mother would be arriving, but found out on his way to the airport that H had misread the arrival time for the departure time. So, we gotta do it all again tomorrow, but at least I got a little more time to finish last minute things. I really needed that! Oh, and my knees have been bugging me again on and off the past few weeks. I have been trying out some new exercises, also cut back Boswellia doses to every other day instead of daily (supplement for joint health), and sometimes i forget daily fishoil supplement. All of those things and the fact that I'm finishing up another difficult menstrual period, probably have to do with the pain. Also, I'm aging, I guess. Oh yeah, and H never lets me forget it, but I've also gained weight since the Vraylar last year and still have not been able to take it off.

My weight is a big issue too. Well, i mean, at least it's mostly stable, except for menstruating days, but it's still almost the highest it's ever been. And i recently realized that I'm tech ically in the obese category now, according to height and weight. Not sure exactly what my bodyfat percentage is. Muscles might be a factor, because I still can't imagine myself as obese, but yeah, old clothes have definitely stopped fitting me. I did have good test results though last time the doctor tested me, so hoping and praying that stays in the good zone. Because no matter how i exercise or eat, i can't lose weight. I mean, I've definitely gotten back into exercise since the new year, but it hasn't really shown much success yet.

You know what is a pain in the ***? H when his family is coming to visit. I desperately need rest and he keeps telling me to do things. My list is practically done. I don't want to get up from my rest unless i absolutely need to. Like for cooking tonight and to use the facilities. I DO need to get blankets out of the laundry, but i need a place for them first. And i do need to vacuum one small patch, but was going to do it when i get up to cook...maybe it is about time to cook. I mean, i am already hungry and I plan to watch my Wednesday night tv show at 8 (1.5 hours from now) Ok, guess I can suffer knee pain so I can eat. But I'm really not happy about it, and I swear if H asks me for one more thing...(yeah, things have not been great with us, but i keep trying to do my part. I absolutely do not want to be alone at this point in my life or with my specific difficulties. Also, i have no where else to go. Anyway, for another day, perhaps.)

Probiotics
And a whole slew of vitamin and herbal supplements.
giddykitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi

Thanks for this!
bizi