View Single Post
Blueowl

Member Since Jul 2022
142 hugs
given
Default May 24, 2023 at 09:52 PM

It's not too late. It is very, very hard to quit smoking. It is highly addictive.

Check into your insurance to determine whether there is something that is covered - often, it is. There maybe some behavioral-type support rather than drugs or patches.

I cannot relate because I never smoked, but I had a very good friend who used to be a smoker and then she "quit." She did quit, but she also told me that sometimes, she still had a cigarette here and there. We were good friends, and she confided in me, but to the world, she'd quit. Nonetheless, it was an improvement as to where she'd been. Other people I've know were able to quit cold turkey.

I studied this stuff until the bitter end.... The research, to date, shows that it is one, if not "the," hardest habit to break. What works for one person does not necessarily work for another. The most challenging phase, surprisingly, is not starting to make a change but to maintain the change.

Perhaps this website will have something to offer: Tips From Former Smokers (R) | Tips From Former Smokers(R) | CDC
Blueowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Samicat