Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 25, 2023 at 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by safeharbor View Post
I am new. I really am having trouble understanding how to navigate this website. I keep looking for specific support groups linked to bipolar, do the search and it comes up with two main headings but they are not seemingly related to bipolar in general with fluid discussion. Any ideas?
Welcome, @safeharbor! Yes, this is the bipolar disorder forum and we're happy you've joined us.

Yes, there are a number of threads that are more like daily "Check-in" threads where members, most with bipolar disorder, maybe talking about the day usually emphasizing the stressors or happenings that affect their lives. There are also more "fun get to know you" threads that help members develop knowledge of each other as potential (or established) friendships. Also a couple "journaling" threads, which some like and some not.

However, this IS a place where topics relating to bipolar disorder, or questions, requests or support can be posted as new threads. Unfortunately, there have been fewer of these in recent years. In the past, the forum was predominately full of them. Some members here have been around a while (like me), so have long since posted such threads. Newer members are desired to help spark them again. If topic threads are most what you desire, there are other places to find them.

Psych Medications:
* Tegretol XR (carbamazepine ER) 800 mg
* Lamictal (lamotrigine) 150 mg
* Seroquel XR (quetiapine ER) 600 mg

I also take meds for blood pressure, cholesterol, and tachycardia.
Soupe du jour is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote